It may be cold and blustery outside, but the calendar tells us that Spring is not that far away – especially if selling your home is on your Spring To Do List.
Many buyers will start their home search by mid-March so now is the perfect time to engage a realtor and start preparing your home. Your real estate professional will most certainly advise you to “stage” your home to sell and may even have specific tips, but following is a list of tried-and-true techniques to get your home ready to sell:
- To start with, get emotionally prepared! Stop thinking about the home as yours, it will make the process easier!
- Declutter! Go room by room, you want to give the impression of ample space and storage so don’t even consider hiding belongings in closets and corners! *
- Depersonalize the space. Remember, this is no longer your home so your pictures, knick-knacks, personal items should not be here! *
- Buy wardrobe boxes and store most clothing items off-site to make the closets appear larger. *
- Remove and store dining table leaves. *
- Remove and store entertainment items from the bedrooms. *
- Clear and store bookshelf items. *
- Pack away toys and store. *
* RENT STORAGE!! Successfully staging your home to sell truly starts with obtaining storage. Unless you have access to Mom’s basement, consider a full-service climate controlled self-storage facility like In Towne Self-Storage. At In Towne, you can rent as little or as much storage space as you need on a month-to-month basis. You can purchase boxes and take advantage of our full line of U-Haul truck and trailer rentals. Moving can be stressful, but storage shouldn’t be, come see us!
Self-Storage made EASY!
- The only Self-Storage facility in the Fox Valley with an indoor depressed dock, AND you have full access!
- Over 60,000 square feet of climate controlled storage.
- The most competitive rates around!
200 N 9th Ave., St. Charles, IL 60174